Friday, April 10, 2015

Alphabet soup

Today's prompt was to write a poem that included all the letters of the English alphabet. I was tired after driving home from my parents place in Indiana, a distance of 750 miles, and basically wanted to get the task out of the way. Still, the exercise was interesting and useful. Here's what I came up with:

After a long day of driving, I
Behold Friday night at
Cantina's restaurant.
Dueling conversations --
Ephemeral,
Fleeting,
Gossiping,
Happy --
Infiltrate the air.
Joining the party would feel festive if I were still the
Kind of girl who
Likes to go out.
Money is a bit tight.
Nothing comes cheap but
Opulence reigns in
Poblanos con
Queso.
Routine Friday nights of days past
star
Tequila
under cubes of ice. For
Variety try the
Winning 
XTreme. It is
Yellow hotness and
Zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment